Building career pathways in music and live entertainment from Apprentice to Professional
Music Forward has been recognized as a federally approved apprentice program sponsor for fourteen (14) career pathways in music and live entertainment. Working with industry employers in the state of California, Music Forward will place qualified candidates into paid, on-the-job training opportunities where apprentices will receive training, mentoring, and access to supplemental instruction to support them in mastering the necessary competencies in their chosen field.
*Registered Apprentice Pathways:
· General and Operations Manager
· General Marketing Coordinator
· Marketing Manager
· Talent Director
· Meeting, Conventions, and Event Planners
· Lighting Technician
· Audio and Video Technician (Multisource Audio-Video)
· Costume Attendant (Costume/Wardrobe)
· Entertainment Production Accountant
· Music Supervisor
· Music Publishing
· Audio Engineering
*Apprentice placements are dependent on the needs of our employer partners. Music Forward is unable to provide specific timelines for placement opportunities within the listed pathways.
We are currently accepting inquiries from interested candidates that meet the following criteria.
- Must be a resident of California
- Between the ages of 18-24, or a veteran of any age
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Able to commit to an on-the-job training program for a minimum of six months. Training typically requires a full-time work schedule, between 30-40 hours per week.
- Possess foundational knowledge in the chosen career pathway
There is no fee to become part of the apprenticeship program. Music Forward will provide an assessment of skills and needs for qualified candidates and ensure the necessary resources are in place for a successful training experience.
In order to complete your inquiry you will need to provide the following:
- A resume
- Transcripts and a list of related course work for the pathway you are pursuing
Complete your inquiry and make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list in your e-mail account. Check junk mail for any potentially missed communications.